More About David D. Holland...

A native Floridian, David D. Holland had a traditional southern upbringing, growing up in the quiet town of Bunnell. David began his career in the financial field in 1991 as a CPA for an international accounting firm in Jacksonville, Florida. There, David developed a strong sense of responsibility for his clients. Although he enjoyed his work, there was something missing; he wasn’t satisfied. His passion to help people was gnawing at him and is what eventually motivated him to leave in 1996. He decided to cash out his 401K, and, with one assistant and two computers, started Holland Financial.

Since day one, Holland Financial's mission has been to provide straightforward, honest, easy-to-understand financial advice for people who are planning their retirement. David realized that speaking with clients and prospective clients in plain English allowed him to provide personalized advice which could serve their long-term financial needs. From this experience, he also realized that this type of communication was missing from much of the financial literature available to today’s consumer. This revelation inspired David to write his first two books, Confessions of a Financial Planner: Secrets to a Secure Retirement and How to Get Great Advice & Avoid Financial Scams. There were no ulterior motives...David simply wanted to educate people about their money and the impact it can have on their future...Plus give them the tools they need to take control of their own financial destiny.

Once David found writing as an outlet to communicate with a larger audience, he was motivated to reach more people with his message. Real Money with David Holland, his daily radio show, talks about issues which directly impact people’s money. Many of the shows he has done have little to do with the services Holland Financial offers and more to do with issues people face everyday in regard to their finances. He's covered everything from divorce to bankruptcy to senior issues to children and money.

After building up confidence with writing books and hosting radio, David had only one frontier left to conquer, television. In the fall of 2011, he began production on a television show bearing the same name as his radio program. This show has the same goal as David’s other projects: communicate valuable, relatable information about personal finances to everyday people in, you guessed it, plain English.

Coming from a family of teachers, education was heavily encouraged when David was growing up. This passion for learning took hold early on and continues today. David has earned the following professional credentials: Certified Public Accountant (he passed on the first sitting), Chartered Financial Consultant, Chartered Life Underwriter, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ , Personal Financial Specialist, Certified Annuity Specialist, and Certified Income Specialist. David is an investment adviser representative of Holland Advisory Services, Inc., a registered investment advisory firm. David is also licensed in certain states to offer life, disability, long-term care insurance as well as fixed annuity products.

David spends about 75% of his time giving financial advice to people who are already retired or who want to be someday. Writing books and hosting his radio and TV shows consume the other 25% of his work week. He resides in Ormond Beach, Florida, with his wife and three children. He spends most of his personal time with his family. Early morning cycling is his "decompression time".

View David's Professional Bio

 

David D. Holland

 

 

David D. Holland

 

 

David D. Holland